Finding Myself Again: A Summer Reset After College Chaos
Sometimes you don’t realize how much you need a break until you finally have one.
After spending months balancing college, work, trying to plan my future, and figuring out what version of myself I was becoming, I knew I needed some time to just breathe.
And that’s exactly what this past month has been.
A little slower.
A little quieter.
And honestly? Exactly what I needed.
When I finished my semester, I thought summer would automatically feel like this magical reset where everything slows down. But the reality was a little different. Between work and taking advantage of the extra hours that came with having a more open schedule, I quickly realized that summer can get busy in a completely different way.
And while I love my managers and appreciate the opportunity to work more, I also realized something important:
Having a break from school doesn’t always mean you automatically have time for yourself.
Sometimes you have to make that time.
That’s something I really had to learn this past month.
After stepping away from my blog for a little while, I realized I wasn’t stepping away because I didn’t love writing anymore. I just needed a chance to experience life without constantly feeling like I needed to document every second of it.
And honestly?
That space brought back my creativity.
I found myself wanting to make content again, create things for my social media, and enjoy the hobbies that make me feel like me.
I spent nights after work watching new shows (where are my Off Campus girls at?!), getting lost in stories, and finding comfort in little routines that I didn’t always have time for during the semester.
I also got to experience something really special—my family welcoming our new puppy, Bo.
And while life has been busy, moments like that remind me why making time for the things that matter is so important.
Because at the end of the day, life isn’t just about checking things off a list.
It’s about the little moments you remember.
This summer, I’m also focusing on some goals that are important to me. I’m working on saving money and learning how to budget better because I have some big goals I’m working toward. I’ve been putting in the hours at work because I know the things I want in my future require effort now.
But I’m also reminding myself that growth doesn’t only come from working harder.
Sometimes growth looks like picking up a book.
Sometimes it looks like taking time for yourself.
Sometimes it looks like sitting down and realizing you actually have space to think.
One of my biggest goals this summer is to read over 100 books before the end of August. And while that sounds like a lot, reading has always been something that helps me escape, relax, and reconnect with myself.
After spending so much time focusing on school and the future, I want this summer to be about enjoying the present too.
I think that’s something I’m still learning.
You can have goals and still slow down.
You can work hard and still take care of yourself.
You can be ambitious and still make time for the things that bring you happiness.
As I enter this new summer chapter, I don’t have everything figured out. But I do feel like I’m learning more about what balance actually looks like.
Not the perfect version.
Not the version people post online.
The real version.
The version where you work toward your dreams, but you also make time for the things that make life feel meaningful.
And maybe that’s what this summer is really about:
Finding myself again.
Comments
Post a Comment